Statement of Faith
- There is one God. Infinitely perfect, He is a Triune God in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; Eternally co-existant, eternally co-equal.
- Jesus Christ, the Son, is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died, was buried, rose again the third day, and is seated at the right hand of God making intercession for believers. He, the Just, died on the Cross of the unjust as a substitutionary sacrifice for all who believe in Him and are thereby justified by His shed Blood.
- The Holy Spirit is a representative of the Tri-Unity in the world today. His work is to convict men of their sin, bringing them to repentance. He also seals, indwells, and comforts the believer. We believe in the supernatural Gifts of the Holy Spirit as described in the New Testament. Although important in the life of a Believer, the Gifts are NOT essential for Salvation, and their lack does NOT indicate a "lesser Christian" or a "lack of Faith". We will *ALL* stand together side-by-side, "Charismatic" *AND* "Non-Charismatic", around the Throne of our Thrice-Holy GOD to worship Him FOREVER! (I long for that day!)
- The Old & New Testaments, as originally written, are without error. Being divinely inspired by God, they are a complete revelation of His Will for the salvation of man. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. In ALL matters of doctrine, The Bible is the final Authority. (To borrow an old saying, "Nothing TRUE is NEW, and nothing NEW is TRUE.")
- Man was originally created in the image of God, but fell through disobedience. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
- Salvation has been made available through Jesus Christ for all men. Those who repent and believe in Him, by God's grace, are born again of the Spirit of God and become the children of God.
- It is the will of God that each believer be filled with the Holy Ghost; be separated from sin and the world; and be fully dedicated to the will of God. The Believer thereby receives power for holy living and effective service.
- The true Church of Christ is constituted by those who are redeemed by Christ's finished work and born again by the Holy Spirit.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust: the just into everlasting joy with Christ and the unjust into everlasting torment.
- The second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ is certain and will be personal and visible. This is the believers' blessed hope and trust and incentive for holy living and faithful service.
Here is a VERY DETAILED Statement of Faith!
Return to HOME PAGE